Monday 31 October 2011

Telling Stories

This weeks task was to document time passing using words, drawings and textures. I documented time passing but it also fit into the other brief of a boring event too as I documented time passing in my house while I was on my own!
I first thought about what I could see and listed all the things in front of me and in my room. Then I began to list sounds such as music which was playing or noise in the road outside. I drew various things I was drawn to or could see in my room and finished with taking textures from various places such as the brickwork on my fireplace and a raised effect on a card i had stuck on my wall. I really made me think about how to document the things around me in great detail and capture as much as I can to create an accurate representation.
I was drawn to small designs on items such as images and graphics on my tea cups, book covers and cards. I also thought alot about the sounds I heard and was quite surprised how silent things were once I turned my music off as I could only hear the buzz of my speakers which were left on. I definitely need to put more thought into sound for my final project and whether there will be any and if so, how realistic/loud/abstract will it be?


My images from the task.....


     
 


No comments:

Post a Comment