Sunday 9 October 2011

Animation Part 1

In week 2's workshop we began by looking at Muybridge's photography and the early stages of animation. He used a series of still photos placed next to each other to represent the movement of the subject as he photographed it. It is an interesting way to document movement as it can help with hand drawn animation if you took photos of something moving first then studied each photograph to look at how each component moves. If I include hand drawn animation in my final project i will experiment first with taking still shots of a moving subject then use these to help me draw the different positions of the character.







We then used the Praxinoscope to view how still images, similar to Muybridge's, can become animated. Using a template for the Praxinoscope, I created my own sequence by drawing images of a flying bird which could be used:



No comments:

Post a Comment