Sunday 16 October 2011

Animation Companies

In class we watched early examples of animation such as Walt Disney's 'Steamboat Willie' and explored how animation has evolved over the years.





I  then began to look at other animation companies such as Studio Ghibli based in Japan.
In Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away, movement is usually represented by drawing many lines around a character which gives it a sort of comic book feel to the visuals. It seems like quite an effective way to clearly show the movement of a character and would be a technique I could consider if I was going to do hand-drawn animation of a character. The amount of visual information which is given in the surroundings and background is also effective yet the characters are built up from simple illustrations which is a look I quite like and I hope to take some of this style and use it when creating my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment