Monday 12 December 2011

Pablo Picasso

While I was researching Michel de Certeau's work on everyday life, I came across a quote from Pablo Picasso which I felt summed up the message of my work well. It was:'Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life'
I have decided to place this quote at the beginning of my work with 2 buttons underneath saying 'dust' and 'art' and the dust button will lead the viewer to the everyday clip and the art button will lead the viewer to the dream like clip. I thought this would be the most logical and neat way to lay out my work instead of just letting it play through twice with no explanation. Instead it now gives the viewer a quote to think about and once they watch the two videos it will help to suggest what Picasso and de Certeau were trying to say about the everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment