Saturday 5 November 2011

Animation & Video

I've thinking about how I want my animation to look and what style and technique I could use. I wanted to do something hand drawn but don't feel confident enough to do it from scratch so I have been looking at different kinds of animation which use video footage and illustrations.


The first example I came across was Aha's video for Take On Me. I like the style of illustration and the use of black and white sketches with colour video. I would like to have this sort of look to my own work.




Another example is the 1964 Disney Mary Poppins film which also uses film footage as well as animations. I watched various clips on youtube and looked at how the two formats interacted which was really effective and I began thinking about how a character would fit into it's surroundings in my own work.




No comments:

Post a Comment